SWS Fisheries are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our members and website visitors. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data that we collect from you or that you provide to us will be processed on our website.
You are not required to provide any personal information to brose the public areas of this website.
Collecting personal information
When submitted an application form to become a member, we will request the following information from you:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Full address including post code
- Email address
- Personal contact details
- Emergency contact details
- Passport sized photo (for membership card)
Where possible, all information above will be submitted via an online application form on www.swsfisheries.co.uk.
Paper forms are also available for those who are unable to complete an application form online. All paper forms which are completed will be scanned onto the SWS Fisheries member database, and the paper form will be disposed of as part of confidential waste.
If personal information is being submitted on behalf of another person, you must ensure that you obtain that person’s consent before disclosing.
Using your personal information
All personal information which is collected will be used solely for the purpose of creating and issuing your fishery membership & in complying with any saturation obligations.
If personal information is submitted for publication on our website or social media platforms, then this may be published and otherwise use that information in accordance with the permission that you grant us.
How your personal information is stored
All information which we collect from you is processed and stored on our Membership database. This database has been created solely for SWS Fisheries use only and contains all member information that is collected from the online application form. The information is stored and backed up onto a secure remote web server in a UK Data Centre.
No member information is stored on a computer hard drive owned by SWS Fisheries.
No debit/credit card details are ever stored by SWS Fisheries.
Who your information is shared with
All payments which are processed for membership purposed are done through Stripe. Stripe provide us with a secure debit/credit card payment processing service directly through the SWS Fisheries website.
When submitting your details for payment, your card details, name, address, IP address and email will be transmitted to Stripe for processing your payment.
In rare occasions, we may disclose information to third parties where a legal obligation or similar is enforced upon us.
How long do we store your personal information for?
Your information is kept on our secure database for the duration of your membership with SWS Fisheries.
If memberships are not renewed by the specified date, then your details will be kept for a maximum of 1 month afterwards. After which time, your information will be permanently removed, and an application form will need to be resubmitted if membership is purchased in the future.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
Should you wish to get in contact with SWS Fisheries regarding this policy or any other matter, this can be done by:
Mobile: Matthew Craig – 07708966304
Aidan Setford - 07500803930
We will only ever contact you by email, telephone or by post for any matters, including marketing purposed that are related to your membership.
This policy was created by SWS Fisheries on 07th October 2021.
It will be reviewed by 6th October 2022, and every year consecutively after that time.